FBLA Club History
The FBLA concept was developed in 1937 by Dr. Hamden L. Forkner of Columbia University. The first high schoolchapter was chartered in Johnson City, Tennessee on February 3, 1942. In 1958, the first PBL collegiate chapter was chartered in Iowa.
Wirt County High School was granted a charter as chapter number 4883 in September of 1969. This first chapter was chartered by retired adviser, Mrs. Eileen Shaver. The first year of FBLA at Wirt County High School saw only 8 members, but has seen tremendous growth in membership and prominence over the last 40 years.